Not sure how I want to set up these recipe posts, but here goes the first one!!
So, the temperature is dropping down to 30 degrees tonight so what better food to cook then pot roast!!
- You have to cook it for 4 hours so it will keep the kitchen hot. Great for your electricity bill for a couple of hours. 🙂
- It’s a cozy meal!
- When you are done cooking and turned off the oven…open it! Let all that heat escape into the house!
To start this COZY MEAL, you will need to pick up several things at the grocery store.
- Chuck Roast (size dependent on your family)
- Red Potatoes
- Corn (frozen, can, or raw…up to you!)
- Vegetable Lipton Soup Pack
- Corn Bread (I buy Jiffy Corn Bread pack for a quick corn bread)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take a 9 x 13″ pan that has a lid and place the chuck roast in it. fill the pan to where it is covering the chuck roast about 1/3 of the way up. Sprinkle one of the vegetable Lipton soup packs around the roast in the water. Put the lid on the pan, stick in the oven and go! Cook for about 1 1/2 and check on it. If it’s about a 1.5 lb chuck roast then you can add the potatoes at the hour and a half mark. Cook another 30 minutes and add the carrots. I had baby carrots on hand so that what I used. Cook the corn separately based on the directions. I buy frozen sweet corn that is steamable in the microwave in just 4 minutes. The corn bread can be placed in the oven along with the chuck roast based on the cook time needed. I like to use a muffin pan for the corn bread and I just slid it in next to the pot roast when I stuck in the carrots.
And ta dah!! Chuck Roast, Carrots, Potatoes, Corn, and Corn Bread are served!
(This picture is taken from a previous cooking time, but the same thing!)
Hope you enjoy your Hearty Meal!